Member Recruitment Manager
Introduce area businesses to the Billings Chamber of Commerce membership by sharing the organization’s mission, vision, strategic priorities, and tiered benefits. Engage Chamber members in advertising and other Chamber products and services utilizing the Chamber’s comprehensive investment toolkit.
Directly responsible for the recruitment of new members. Provide support for onboarding and engagement of new members as well as working with existing members to connect to marketing and advertising opportunities.
Work independently in the sales role while working with the Membership Team and entire staff to reach membership sales, retention, and sponsorship and advertising goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Membership Sales
• Sell new memberships by analyzing market prospects and prioritizing those prospects.
• Manage and coordinate membership drives.
• Assist in development of membership sales and promotional materials.
• Support event sponsorship and other programs and products by presenting information to all new members.
• Accurately articulate membership value and all membership benefits to potential members.
• Accountable upon request for sales effectiveness and goals.
• Directly responsible for selling all Chamber publication advertising including electronic, print, website/directory listings, and other products.
• Proactively solicit advertising through ongoing relationship building with membership.
• Actively participate in the member onboarding process including new member orientation (Chamber Journey).
• Become proficient in the use of membership software, including database entry and management of member records.
• Assist in accounts receivable collections.
• Operate within the organizational marketing plan and budget.
• Integrate technology and other innovative methods into sales presentations.
• Respond in a timely manner to member inquiries regarding publication listings, benefits, events, and dues.
• Work collaboratively with the Membership, Communications, and Finance teams to meet membership recruitment, retention, and financial goals.
• Prepare and submit all reports in a timely manner.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Excellent interpersonal skills required. A high degree of poise and tact to represent the Billings Chamber with all members, board members, volunteers, and general public.
• Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal, required. Dynamic, engaging, and organized presentations to groups of all sizes.
• Excellent organization, proficient computer skills and accurate record keeping are critical.
• Proficient in (or willing to become proficient in) Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint applications.
• High level of professionalism. Willingness to work with diverse groups.
• Self-motivated. Ability to work independently allowing the organizational and initiation of tasks to occur in a dynamic environment.
College degree or equivalent experience in professional sales (three years minimum, five preferred). Proven track record in sales, fundraising, and customer service.
Base salary depending on experience; generous commission for all sales; bonuses for successful achievement of goals; all to be outlined in annual compensation agreement.
Annual Accountability Measures
Reaching or exceeding predetermined sales goals for dues and non-dues revenue.
The Billings Chamber is committed to moving our community forward. As a staff, our Team Promise is to passionately deliver each of these values to our community and our members… Always: WOW Factor; Innovation; Knowledge; Integrity; Leadership; Laughter!
We are committed to a more diverse and inclusive community for a stronger economic future. We believe that every individual has a right to live and work in an environment free of inequality, injustice, intolerance, prejudice, or systemic restrictions.
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Classification/Hours: Exempt, regular, full-time
Benefits: Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; FLEX program, PTO, holidays, 401(k)
Application Process Required Materials:
Cover letter, resume, three professional references Send to:
PO Box 31177, Billings, MT 59107