Looking for a rewarding adventure this summer? Join the world’s premier leadership development organization and take part in a worldwide, time-honored tradition: Girl Scout Camp.
From campfires to hiking and sunsets to s’mores, assist campers as they navigate the joys of summer camp. A timeless tradition at camp are the various staff who create an empowering and enthusiastic experience.
Camp staffers provide a unique blend of instruction, mentorship, and leadership. Be prepared to role model the Girl Scout Mission; building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
Participants with various skills, backgrounds, and interests come together to form camp’s community; supporting, living and growing together. Be prepared to change lives…including yours.
Girl Scouts of Montana and Wyoming hires for summer camp positions that rotate to each of these camps:
· Camp Sacajawea near Casper, Wyoming
· Timbercrest Camp near Red Lodge, Montana
· Camp Castle Rock near Butte, Montana
Contract dates are June 1st through August 15th, to include 8 weeks of programs and 2 weeks of training. As a Girl Scout staff member, take part in leadership training, professional development, and experience cooperating across multi- generations. Explore the great outdoors with a group of like-minded coworkers. Share your passion and unique talents with tomorrow’s outdoor enthusiasts.
The Kitchen Supervisor directs the overall food-service operation of camp including: purchasing, preparation, nutrition, service, sanitation, security, personnel management, customer service, and recordkeeping. The Kitchen Supervisor assures the dining experience and atmosphere is a safe, fun, and positive experience that supports membership growth and retention. This position promotes Girl Scouting in the community; and maintains a positive parent, public, and community relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operations of the camp food and dining service
- Oversee the inventory and coordination of ordering food, equipment, and supplies
- Ensure on-time service of camp meals
- Provide and maintain a safe and healthy kitchen space
- Facilitates a safe environment for participants focusing on Mental, Emotional, Social, and Physical Health
- Helps with dining hall cleanup, dishes, outdoor cookouts, and oversight of camper nutrition
- Other duties as assigned
· High School diploma or the equivalent; three months to one year experience working as a cook or assistant cook, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience working in a camp or institutional food service setting preparing for large quantities of people
· Must have two years of licensed driving experience in order to transport girls
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental conditions result in access or very little access to cellular phone service, data, text, or internet.
Oral Communication Skills
· You will be practicing and putting into practice communicating effectively with people at every level of the organization; campers, fellow staff, camp directors, and parents
· You will receive on-the-ground, practical, real life training in how to work with a team and help build the culture of your camp community
Critical thinking and problem solving
· You will be challenged to think on your feet- from resolving child health and safety issues to facilitating a group of campers in creating and putting on a skit
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills
· You will practice compassion and empathy by managing a group of campers, while contributing to the growth and development of each individual participant
· You will have the space to develop innovative and fun ways to engage an audience of two to 50
· CPR/AED/First Aid
But wait, there s’more!
· Room and board
· Professional development facilitated prior to program start
· Opportunity for growth within the organization summer to summer
· Competitive camp salaries
· Fun, meaningful work outdoors and the opportunity to visit Yellowstone National Park
If you have an interest in the above Kitchen Supervisor position, please submit the GSMW Online Residential Camp Application online, accessible via the careers link at https://www.gsmw.org/en/our-council/careers/seasonal-employment.html
Direct inquiries for more information to Alice, Hiring Manager at (406) 252-0488.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $800.00 - $850.00 per week