Mental Health Counselor
Provides counseling services under the Mental Health License as required. Assures adherence to state statutes and rules, CARF standards, and federal regulations including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2. Positively represents the organization and promotes Rimrock’s Mission to the community.
Therapeutic Service Responsibilities:
- Conduct family and individual counseling.
- Provide clinical supervision to counseling staff.
- Conduct and observe ancillary groups as assigned.
- Provide relief counseling as needed throughout the organization.
- Conduct inpatient and outpatient assessments as assigned.
Quality Improvement Responsibilities:
- Assures that information is collected, organized, reported and used to improve the quality of systems and services.
- Obtains feedback from patients regarding their perceptions of the service provided to them and utilizes this information to improve service delivery.
- Assures that resources are allocated in accordance with the priorities and plans established by the Strategic Plan.
- Recognizes and appropriately reports to supervisor areas within scope of responsibility that fall outside the quality parameters.
- Performs self-quality monitoring in order to develop and execute plans to meet established goals.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Supports organization’s customer service initiative; strives for service excellence by seeking challenges and turning them into opportunities.
- Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions, appearance and communication.
- Works in a spirit of teamwork and trust and maintains professional boundaries in working with others; accepts responsibility for own behavior.
- Provides timely and thorough follow-up with internal and external customers.
- Serves on committees or process improvement teams to assist in improving quality/customer satisfaction, as assigned.
- Models and promotes effective communication.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: BS degree in Behavioral or Human Services field. Master’s degree in counseling field required. Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in a recognized healthcare facility. Specialized training in addiction treatment.
CERTIFICATE OR LICENSE: Must be licensed in the State of Montana as an LAC and LCPC or LCSW
SKILLS: Clinical supervision, therapeutic skills, individual and group therapy, scheduling and coordination. Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is indoors in an office environment with moderate noise. Intermittent physical effort involving lifting of up to 25 pounds, walking and stooping is required. A typical workday involves sitting, frequent use of a keyboard, reaching with hands and arms, and talking and hearing, approximately 70% of the time. Approximately 30% or less of the time is spent standing. Normal vision abilities required, including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/JOB LOCATIONS: Involves everyday risk or discomfort requiring normal safety precautions in an office setting, meeting room and patient care areas. Work may involve mental and emotional stress. Some driving/traveling required. Will work primarily in main facility.