At Big Sky Senior Services, we believe every senior should have the option to remain independent, in their own home, and free from abuse or neglect. Unfortunately, with the rising cost of home-based care, to many seniors struggling to make ends meet, this is an option that is out of reach. Our Senior Helping Hands Program is the only program in the Yellowstone Valley providing expert home-based support to low-income seniors on a sliding fee scale and at a price they can afford. Our Prevention of Elder Abuse program is the primary resource in Yellowstone County for older adults who have faced financial challenge or exploitation to become payee and be supported by quality case management. Lastly, our volunteer, dementia friendly and age friendly efforts seek to make Yellowstone County a safe and healthy place for all senior regardless of income to live.
As demand for home-based, low-cost services increases, so does the need for compassionate and dedicated individuals willing to help us gather resources to meet that need. If organizing fundraising events and seeking to connect donors with our cause is a passion for you, the Big Sky Senior Services I the team for you!
We are currently seeking a Development Coordinator, to join our leadership team. This position will be in charge of 3 primary fundraisers each year(Rubber Duck Regatta, Dancing with the Big Sky Stars, and Chipping in for Charity Golf Tournament). Additionally, they will work with the Executive Director to develop a fund development plan that includes yearly donor asks, meeting with potential donors, and maintaining a donor management system. We provide paid training and competitive salary, plus mileage reimbursement. We believe that a health work=life balance is vital when serving our community, so we provide vacation and sick time paid holidays off, and operate between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday. We only work evenings and weekends for special events.
Some of the qualifications for this position are:
- Bachelor Degree preferable, or 3 years of equivalent experience in development/fundraising.
- Strong organization skills, problem solving skills, multitasking capabilities, and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and familiarity with Canva or graphic design software.
- Experience with social media campaigns and services.
- They assume good intent in their interactions with clients and colleagues.
- They value honest and open communication, understanding that resentment is best achieved by keeping quiet.
- They understand that boundaries are as necessary to our clients’ wellbeing as an empathetic ear.
- They realize that the organization functions best when each part of it is present consistently and on time.
- They take pride in the work they do and appreciate even the smallest tasks for being vital to our mission.
- They approach their days with a growth mindset, rather than fixed, believing that individual feedback and coaching is an opportunity for the organization to grow stronger.
If you have a caring approach and unconditional positive regard, and feel called to help low-income seniors remain independent, in their own homes, and free from abuse or neglect, then we want to meet you! Apply now!
Benefits include paid sick and vacation, access to health, dental and eye benefits.
Read full job description at: ?https://www.bigskyseniorservices.org/careers.html