Mid- to Senior-Level Water/Wastewater Engineer | Market Group Office Team Leader
Morrison-Maierle has an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to lead the Water / Wastewater group in our Billings, Montana office. If you are an experienced Water/Wastewater Engineer who wants to expand your career and help build a growth-driven, employee-owned engineering firm, this career opportunity is for you!
Opportunity: This position assumes the responsibility to lead and grow the Water/Wastewater Market Group in the Billings office. You must be motivated to deliver quality projects while working in a collaborative team environment as well as have enthusiasm for helping grow and mentor the team. Currently this group consists of 10 staff including Engineers, CAD designers, and RPRs. The group provides engineering planning, design, and construction phase services in water and wastewater services to municipalities throughout the mountain west. In addition, this position often coordinates with staff in all Morrison-Maierle offices. This position serves on the leadership team for the Billings office.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Communicating with and directing staff on business development, project schedules and budgets, staffing capacity needs, new work, and client relations.
- Performing as Client Service Manager, Project Manager and Project Engineer as necessary.
- Initiating, managing, and assisting in building client relationships including maintaining, expanding, and enhancing existing client relationships, forging new relationships with prospective clients and securing profitable new work.
- Providing supervision of project managers and ensuring projects are completed in accordance with company policies and standards, both financially and technically.
- Monitoring quality assurance and risk management procedures.
- Maintaining an assigned group utilization goal as well as an individual goal.
- Assisting the Operations Manager with personnel management including recruiting staff, salary review, scheduling training, conducting employee check-ins, and establishing individual staff goals.
- Tracking and overseeing the group financial performance and working with the Operations Manager to meet yearly financial goals and budget.
- Assists and coordinates with the Market Group Leader on business development opportunities, expanding and enhancing existing client relationships, client service, preparation or proposals, qualifications, and interviews. Assists in the development of Market Group business development and growth plans.
- Attends and actively participates in Market Group meetings. Communicates with office staff on Market Group performance related to business development, project workload, financial and related matters.
- Mentoring staff in technical, business development, project management and other professional arenas.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering and a registered professional engineer in Montana or the ability to obtain within 6 months. Minimum of 8 years’ professional experience in the Civil Engineering industry with a focus on water/wastewater work or closely related field. Previous leadership and/or group management experience preferred, but not required.
The successful candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit; have the ability to work innovatively and collaboratively with the team; demonstrate the ability to maintain a positive group culture; and the ability to coalesce a variety of staff to achieve group and office goals.
This position will require periodic travel. Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record.
Salary: Competitive compensation package, including salary and bonuses. Relocation assistance available.
- Depending on roles and responsibilities, a hybrid work schedule may be available
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid Personal & Holiday Leave
- 401K matching contribution
Location: Billings, Montana
Morrison-Maierle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online at www.m-m.net