IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Morrison-Maierle has an immediate full-time opportunity for an IT Systems Engineer.
Morrison-Maierle is an employee-owned company offering professional opportunities and lifelong benefits - it is a place you can build a career. We prize candidates who live our core values of integrity, commitment, respect, and excellence. The person in this position will help us to deliver on our core purpose: creating solutions that build better communities. If you want to apply your skills, learn and grow in a collegial environment, and tackle challenging project work we want to hear from you.
As a regional firm anchored in the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has approximately 300 employees and is currently ranked within the Engineering News Record’s “Top 500 Design Firms.”
Full-time, salaried, mid-senior, technical position, within Corporate IT Services.
The IT Systems Engineer reports to the IT Manager. You will be working in a collaborative team environment, as well as working independently and effectively with minimal supervision.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Perform infrastructure (HW, SW, and Cloud) design, build, integration, deployment, and administration, as well as train team members on day-to-day administration of said systems.
• Provide prompt issue resolution and/or vendor escalations and manage those vendor escalations to resolution.
• Investigate technologies that will address needs and bring general benefits and efficiencies to the organization.
• Assist in ensuring the enterprise is operating at optimal efficiency using automation, monitoring and alerting solutions. Establishing and testing runbooks and SOPs for new technologies and revise existing documents as needed.
• Assist in helping to develop, refine and test disaster recovery and business continuity systems and plans.
• Work with vendors to open support tickets, investigate technologies, obtain quotes, place orders, etc.
Must be willing to help with day-to-day issues and needs such as deskside support, documentation, data entry, asset management, user/computer account management, password management, hardware/software orders, etc.
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and their associated resources. Provide direction and training to teammates.
Must be willing to invest the time needed to ensure issues are promptly resolved, and projects completed on schedule.
This position will participate in an on-call rotation, as well as be required to work outside of normal business hours, as needed.
Occasional travel is required for support, deployments, decommissioning, meetings, etc.
Qualifications & Skills:
A minimum of 8 years progressively responsible work experience in an Information Technology role.
A bachelor's degree in information systems or similar with a minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible work experience in Information Technology is preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft OS experience (client and server).
• Active Directory and all related services.
• Microsoft Azure.
• Microsoft 365.
• Cybersecurity platforms.
• Integrations (including hybrid).
• Enterprise storage systems (including hybrid).
• Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware and Cloud).
• Knowledge of networking and network troubleshooting.
• MS SQL Server and other relational database systems.
• An ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation or higher certification.
• Microsoft certifications (MCITP, MCSE, MCSA etc.).
• All other technical certifications.
• Experience with cybersecurity platforms such as Palo Alto Cortex XDR, Azure ATP, Defender ATP, Azure MFA, Azure SSPR, SonicWALL, ManageEngine Log360, Mimecast, etc.
• Experience using PowerShell and VBScript for automation.
• Experience supporting business systems such as ERP, CRM, Document Management Systems, etc., and their hybrid integrations.
• Experience with Hyper-V virtualization clusters.
• Management of mobile devices via MDM systems such as Intune.
• Experience with imaging, patching, backup, monitoring, software deployment, asset management, ticketing, virtualization, etc. (SCCM, WSUS, SCDPM, SCOM, SCSM, SCVMM, vCenter, etc.).
• Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online, Dynamics, 365, etc.
• Some understanding of engineering, GIS, survey and drone applications such as Autodesk, Bentley, ESRI, etc.
• Experience with multi-Cloud, and single-Cloud multi-tenant.
Must have driver license and insurable driving record to support the function of this position.
Salary: $75,000 - $90,000 per year
Locations: Helena, Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings, Montana offices are the preferred locations but will consider any location where Morrison-Maierle has offices. Relocation assistance is available.
An Equal Opportunity Employer for Minority / Female / Disability / Veterans
What's So Special About Working at Morrison-Maierle?
As a 100% employee owned company, you have significant ability to impact the direction and strategy of the company and your work. This flexibility rewards those who seek positions of responsibility and leadership, and who have a growth mindset. Surrounded by the beauty of the western United States, Morrison-Maierle has offices throughout Montana, Wyoming, Washington and Oregon. We strive to give our employees work-life balance so they can advance their careers in some of the most desirable locations in the country. Morrison-Maierle is a community-minded company that encourages its employees to become involved in organizations with local and personal significance. We follow our Core Values of integrity, respect, commitment, and excellence in everything we do.
Our employee-owners enjoy a comprehensive benefit package which includes generous Paid Personal and Holiday Leave, Employee Stock Ownership & 401(k) Retirement plans, and Incentive Compensation. Health benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Health Savings Account employer contribution, Wellness Incentives, Company Paid Life/AD&D and Long -Term Disability Insurance as well as voluntary, employee paid benefits such as Short-Term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance. In addition, we offer opportunities for professional development including percentage tuition reimbursement and attendance at professional conferences and trade shows.
Apply online at www.m-m.net