Morrison-Maierle has a full-time opportunity for a Geologist, Hydrogeologist in our Bozeman (preferred), Missoula, Helena or Billings, Montana offices. This is a full-time position but, for the right individual, a 30-hour part-time position would be considered.
Opportunity: The successful applicant will work in the Natural Resources Group and will perform both office and field work as part of their job duties. Field activities typically consist of site evaluations, well drilling oversight, aquifer testing, surface/groundwater monitoring and sampling. Office work includes preparation and submission of work plans and technical reports, input to state and federal regulatory permit applications. Depending on experience, task management, project management and business development duties may also be required.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in geology, geohydrology, or environmental engineering, or related discipline. A professional geologist (PG) or professional engineering (PE) license is preferred. Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience preferred.
Strong written and oral communication skills, including oversight and preparation of technical reports and the presentation of information to clients, government entities and various committees. Interpersonal and public relations skills to work effectively with clients. High level of personal responsibility and accountability. Safety Oriented.
Areas of technical expertise could include:
- Knowledge of permitting public water supply systems
- Water right evaluations and permitting through Montana DNRC WRS – Including both permit and change applications
- Conceptual site models
- Groundwater modeling and development
- Aquifer test analysis and aquifer characterization
- Surface water hydraulics, stream flow discharge measurement and statistical analysis
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends
- Travel requirements include up to two-week durations at project sites located in the Western US
- Software commonly used: ACAD, ESRI ArcMap, Microsoft Office Suite, AQTESOLV, Surfer, and Grapher
- Wetland delineation
- NEPA document support
**Must have a valid driver license and insurable driving record**
Salary: $50,000 - $70,000/year Depends on experience
- Flexible Work Arrangement Program
- Employee Stock Ownership
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid Personal & Holiday Leave
- 401K matching contribution
Morrison-Maierle is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
Apply online at www.m-m.net