Electrical Distribution Planning Engineer- Project Engineer (168025)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR Engineering is looking for a Electrical Planning Engineer (Project Engineer) to join our growing and nationally ranked team of Power Delivery professionals.
- Responsible for conducting detailed powerflow, voltage drop, fault analysis, and other studies for a variety of clients throughout the US using Milsoft, Synergi and Aspen software.
- Lead QA/QC and mentor existing system planning staff to perform larger scale system impact and interconnection studies.
- Conduct power flow and short circuit studies for utility, industrial, and campus planning.
- Manage analytical tools such as Milsoft, Synergi, Cyme, ETAP, SKM, Aspen and others for system analysis.
- Projects are throughout the US and there may be some travel to lead project efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other ABET Accredited Engineering Degree
- PE Required
- 5+ years in system planning required.
- Knowledge in planning design and power system analysis including computer applications.
- Experience with Milsoft, Synergi, Cyme and Aspen software is required.
- Previous work experience in a senior technical and/or leadership role either with a utility or consulting engineering firm is preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients in oral and written form to obtain information and to convey project results
- Ability to travel as needed.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider all qualified applicants, regardless of arrest and conviction records.