Intern (Various Positions)
Learner. Self-Motivated. Detail-Oriented. If these words describe you and you’re looking for a workplace culture where you can unleash your imagination, work with some of the best designers in Montana and make an impact, look no further.
A&E Design is seeking motivated interns with relentless curiosity to make a difference by joining us for summer or fall internships in one of our Montana offices. We are over 85 diversely talented professionals committed to client satisfaction, quality design, and improving the world around us. We don’t just provide a service—we develop creative solutions for all design challenges within any given project. Our internship program is driven by the passion to recognize and develop emerging talent, placing the best students in a position where they can grow technically, professionally and personally through the experience of working with our team.
The internship aims to provide aspiring architects and interior designers the opportunity to gain real-world experience in a multifaceted design firm. In close coordination with our design teams you'll get to work in a creative, fast paced and professional setting. The internship provides the chance to apply the knowledge gained in an educational environment to the many tasks found within a design firm. You will be part of the learning team, responsible for supporting designers and project managers by performing a variety of tasks under the direct observation and/or supervision of an A&E Design employee. If you are an energetic learner who wants to put your design experience and innovative thinking into action and desires to do it alongside the best design staff in the Northwest, we invite you to apply.
Your skill set.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking and broad range
- Experience using Revit; AutoCAD, and/or BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Work, Outlook and Bluebeam
- Ability to understand building elements and systems
- Possess strong analytical and creative thinking skills
- Excellent at creating and maintaining cross-functional working relationships
- Listen and communicate effectively and professionally
- Demonstrate initiative in suggesting solutions to the design team
- Must be a resourceful, self-motivated, enthusiastic team player eager to learn about the day-to-day realities of a career in design
A day in the life of an intern.
- Work on projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team with exposure to designs in schools, residential, private development, historical preservation, etc.
- Receive hands-on learning and collaborate with designers, architects, and project managers to plan, design, develop and gain real-world experience
- Produce graphic presentations, renderings and technical drawings
- Utilize hand rendering techniques to communicate design concepts
- Assist with actual project tasks, such as conceptual design, detailing and red lines
- Assisting with creation of client presentations
- Responsible for project work, as assigned by the team leadership, in various phases of the project
- Building relationships through fun office activities like Happy Hour on Thursday afternoon
Perks of the work.
You simply won’t find a group of individuals more talented, dedicated, or fun than the movers-and-shakers at A&E Design. We are proud of our dynamic workplace culture with multidisciplinary teams in each office and weekly happy hours to celebrate our successes of the week ( and maybe try to beat our colleagues in a game of darts).
A&E Design is an integrated design firm with four offices in Montana (Billings, Missoula, Bozeman, and Kalispell). We are a passionate, energetic team devoted to the architecture and design industries as well as the communities we serve. Our philosophy and holistic process challenges convention, blending architecture, interior design, construction administration, historic preservation, and graphic design into a comprehensive package for a wide range of project types.
This unique approach has earned us some prestigious recognition. As one of the fastest-growing firms in the AEC industry, A&E Design received its third Hot Firm Award from Zweig Group and won their Best Firm to Work For Award in 2022. We continue to heat up the competition by adding top-tier designers of all disciplines and creating truly impactful experiences. Join our team—we can’t wait to see what we create together in 2023, and beyond.