Project Manager, Infrastructure/Utility Construction - Sign-On Bonus
This position works under minimal supervision and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of assigned projects from commencement to completion. Accountable for developing and building strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all financial reporting, tracking, and projection of all labor, material, job expense, and changes for each project assigned.
- Manage multiple projects across geographic assignment for fiber and conduit installation.
- Responsible for day-to-day activities of in house and subcontractor crews that are assigned to the project.
- Keep daily production and cost reports up to date with communications to the corporate office.
- Manage job expenses and adhere to job budgets.
- Maintain equipment assigned to projects and run utilization of equipment to CEC standards. This includes maintenance of company truck to Company standards of cleanliness and per policy.
- Communicate with customers in professional manner and attend all customer meetings as directed by supervisor and to successfully complete projects.
- Develop and build strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
- Manage, mentor, and develop direct reports and supervise indirect reports.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
- Develop and lead project management techniques and schedule goals, procurement, and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- Monthly financial projections for each project assigned.
- Monthly progress and updates of completed units.
- Create, submit, and manage and maintain all submittals, drawings, correspondence, and change logs throughout the entire project.
- Submit, review for added cost, file and log all RFIs.
- Price, budget, track, sell and collect all proposed changes.
- Prepare, organize, and manage material buyouts.
- Schedule and track material releases. Coordinate with GC, project schedule, and Superintendent as needed.
- Assist Superintendent in production tracking and analysis.
- Weekly Jobsite visits and attend all Jobsite meetings as required.
- Project schedule analysis. Issue notices and alerts as required.
- Organize and submit job closeout documentation. (As-builts, O&Ms.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of project.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma.
- 5+ years of Project Management experience in telecommunications construction.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects.
- Prior experience in telecommunications estimating.
- Supervisory experience.
- Strong Computer skills.
- Class A CDL a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proven people management, process management, and performance management skills.
- Field experience coordination with construction management.
- Strong budget tracking, labor tracking, and scheduling skills.
- Negotiating experience in construction change orders and project presentations.
- Proven experience and ability to analyze information and set up budgets.
- Understanding of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
- Can perform accurate and organized take off from contract documents.
- Knowledge of financial software, accounting practices, change order pricing and billings.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated ability to run a profitable portfolio.
- Working knowledge of safety procedures and true believer in safety.
- Current and valid drivers license and driving record acceptable to pass CEC standards.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General work environment sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to indoor and outdoor climates with extreme variation in temperatures and weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, snow) at job sites. The noise level in the work environment is regularly high. The work environment has regular exposure to chemicals, solvents, fumes and airborne particles. Mechanical, electrical, and other hazards are regularly present in the work environment. This role also uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. This role requires walking, driving, and standing throughout the day. The employee may occasionally lift to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.