Project Coordinator - Utility Construction - Great Falls, MT.
This position works under minimal supervision and provides organized, consistent, and effective routine support to the Project Management Team and external clients, subcontractors, and vendors that comply with Company procedures and standards. The primary objectives of this position is to plan, prepare, organize, and maintain project documentation, and provide document control support to the Company. This position will also be the main point of contact for Project (s) in terms of HR, Payroll, Safety, Recruitment and estimating and scheduling functions as well.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with Accounting, HR, Safety, and other key Company departments to ensure smooth operations and administration of Special Project(s), & onboarding of site employees.
- Key point of contact to get all employees and subcontractors badged at the jobsite.
- Work with Q/C to ensure proper coding of time by field employees accurately meets actual tasks worked in the field and measurements are correct for billing daily.
- Act as a point of contact for employees, vendors, and other contacts on behalf of the Special Projects Group.
- Work with Project Managers to help develop budgets from SD[PT1] to DD (Design Development) phases through to the CD (Construction Documents).
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of tasks and projects.
Education and Experience
- College Degree in Business or Technical Field
- 3 or more years of progressive related work experience.
- Familiarity with documentation associated with Commercial and Industrial construction projects preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Detail oriented personality with strong organizational skills.
- Proficient in gathering and compiling data; sorts and categorizes information; organizes and assembles information.
- Responds quickly to requests and adjusts priorities accordingly.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and initiative to work alone.
- Recruiting experience using tools like Linkedin.
- Ability to connect future employees to the CEC FG Story.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job may work inside or outside with possible exposure to extreme hot or cold temperatures and weather elements in restricted or confined spaces, and on slippery or uneven surfaces. This job may have exposure to working on ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, and other exposures typical of heavy construction. This job also operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to travers and inspect all areas of jobsite in all types of weather; this may include walking, climbing reaching, bending crawling, standing or stretching.
- The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, lift and /or move up to 50 pounds
- Move about on the feet regularly. Sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- May require travel.
- Exposure to characteristic construction site dangers.
- Talk and hear, ability to communicate with others both written and orally and by telephone.
- Possess good vision, normal or corrected. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision to discern color coded wires, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Possesses good hearing, normal or corrected.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest), as needed.
- Must be able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts, as needed. Must be on-call to address delays, emergencies, bad weather, and other issues at the jobsite.
- Must be able to work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
CEC Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a military veteran, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.