Construction Superintendent (Industrial)
Christensen Building Group is seeking a Construction Superintendent for projects in Billings, Montana. Candidate should possess a minimum of 7+ years of commercial and industrial construction experience, this position will be assigned to the Industrial Division.
Candidate will report to the Senior Project Manager or Project Executive and will be based at the project site working directly with the Site Project Management team.
- Attend and conduct project job walks
- Prepare logistics plan and construction approaches
- Produce quantity take-offs for multiple disciplines
- Contribute constructability reviews as member of the extended Design Team
- Actively participate in the General Contractor proposal and interview process
- Conduct daily project walks
- Work with Safety Director to establish Site Specific Safety Plans
- Conduct site specific safety training including weekly (or daily) Toolbox Talks
- Develop and implement site logistics plan
- Maintain a safe and efficient working environment for subcontractors and extended construction team
- Coordinate and review Job Hazard Analysis and High Risk activities with Safety Director and entire construction team
- Monitor and prepare safety reports with Safety Director for individual client requirements
- Provide Site Supervision and direction to extended construction and subcontractor team
- Proactive problem solver with excellent dispute resolution skills
- Identify, track and manage Subcontractors scopes
- Familiar with working within an Owner/Client campus environment with work in multiple buildings, floors or areas
- Allocate manpower and resources as required to meet schedule and Owner/Client expectations
- Coordinate all Field Operations with Owner/Client
- Generate Daily Reports outlining all activities
- Work with Project Management to execute project goals
- Interface with Building Officials for all permitting activities and sign-off
- Work with Owner, Architect and Engineering team to resolve complex issues in a timely, efficient manner
- Monitor and log 3rd party testing, project access and logistics plans
- Prepare, monitor and update Master Schedule
- Work with Project Management to identify project progress to date
- Identify potential project impacts and proposed solutions
- Prepare 3-wk Rolling Schedules
- Conduct weekly Subcontractor Meeting with Project Manager
- Attend and contribute in weekly Owner, Architect and Contractor meetings
- Review and understand RFI, Submittal and Change Order Logs
Desired Skills and Experience Technical Ability
- Utilize construction background to identify field issues and suggest potential alternates
- Review subcontractor and vendor drawings and submittals for adherence to plans and specifications
- Attend coordination meetings with Architects, Engineers and multiple subcontractor trades
- Interface with Architect and Engineers to efficiently resolve technical issues and convey information to field and entire team
- Proven track record for successfully completing projects at Oil/Gas/Manufacturing client sites is preferred.
- Flexible with ability to manage multiple tasks/projects concurrently.
- Resourceful, with respect to problem identification and resolution.
- Able to operate in a fast paced working environment with minimal direction from Senior Management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including experience with MS Project.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Christensen Building Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Primary: US-Billings, Montana
Travel: Yes, 20% of the time dependent upon project
Job Type: Full-time'
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Construction Experience: 7 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations