CDL Truck Driver, Utility Construction - Great Falls, MT. Sign-On Bonuses
The Truck Driver will operate a heavy-duty truck to transport equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate a heavy-duty truck.
- Maintain current and compliant CDL licensing .
- Plan and perform the loading and unloading of equipment.
- Maintain current inventory.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Traveling 80% of the time.
Other Education, Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Must possess and maintain a Class A Commercial License (CDL)
- Must have 2 years’ verifiable experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be physically fit to endure the daily activity involved with the job. May work inside or outside. Possible exposure to hot and cold temperatures, works in all-weather elements such as rain, heat, cold and snow. This position may require work at extreme heights, in areas that are under construction, or in restricted areas such as a switchgear room, manhole, utility tunnel, crawl space, or attic, in confined spaces, and on slippery or uneven surfaces; works on ladders, scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks, in ditches and excavations; works in and around single and multi-story buildings with all exposures typical of a heavy construction site, roadside construction, including portable sanitary facilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, crawl, climb, kneel, balance, push, pull and reach overhead.
- Must be able to tie download with rope or binders, etc.
- Drive 50 to 300+ miles daily as required by assigned geographic locating area.
- Get in and out of a vehicle 50+ times a day.
- Stand and walk lengthy distances (1+ miles) over uneven terrain in all weather conditions.
- Sit for long periods of time while driving.
- Lift or move up to 75 pounds. Constantly move about on the feet.
- May be required to climb ladders of all types.
- Complete full day assignments involving overhead work.
- Must be able to make transition from employee parking area or street into construction work areas and to access all levels of the building, even if the only means of access is by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladder or stairs still under construction, but acceptable for use.
- Must be capable of securing tools and materials from storage areas to complete assigned tasks.
- Possess good vision, normal or corrected.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess good hearing, normal or corrected.
- Must be able to positively identify different colors of wiring, conduit, and fiber optics.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, safety vest) at all times.
- Must be able to work 8 hours a day, 40 hours per week, and overtime as required and night shifts, as needed. This position requires flexible work hours. In order to get a project completed on time, this position may be required to work overtime, weekends, and night shifts.
- Must be able to work in the presence of customers and their representatives with little or no interference or disruption to the customer while maintaining a professional and courteous image.
CEC Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, status as a military veteran, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.