Communications and Marketing Director
Oversee all communications, public relations, marketing, and membership activities, generating positive local awareness of and engagement with the Billings Chamber through media relations, membership communications, and promoting the organizational brand. Directly responsible for overseeing success of new member sales, sponsorship, member retention and event success through accurately branded print and digital materials, messaging, and sharing the value of membership. The Communications and Marketing Director is responsible for communicating the value of membership to our members and sharing the Chamber’s messages with the greater community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work with all staff on overall organizational goals and promotion of the organizational brand.
• Lead and manage communications support positions and membership team (sales/sponsorship, events, and engagement/retention).
• Keep projects, as assigned, on target for completion or reaching identified benchmarks.
• Represent the Chamber by attending local events and community activities in order to increase awareness of the Chamber and obtain local support.
• Represent Billings Chamber at local or regional meetings as deemed necessary. Ability to exercise judgment and diplomacy in a wide variety of public contact situations.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of Chamber activities, area attractions, member and sponsorship benefits.
• Maintain familiarity with marketing plan and budget for the organization. Responsible for establishing and adhering to budgets for department and assigned projects.
• Occasional travel; before or after normal work hours, via auto, air, train, bus.
• Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays based on client and office demands.
• Act as the Brand Manager for the Billings Chamber organizational brand.
• Lead 3C’s campaign and integration with new and existing communication tools. Serve as the liaison with the supporting agency.
• Act as media liaison in all capacities for the entire organization, including but not limited to, creating and sending media advisories, media releases, hosting media events, and orchestrating TV/Radio host opportunities.
• Manage and keep up-to-date the Chamber’s board approved communications plan.
• Lead all media relations efforts including releases, media events, and story pitches.
• Speak before community and industry groups on the work of the Chamber.
• Assist with speech development, background information and PowerPoint development for use by other members of the Chamber and the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for oversight of membership team and membership related activities including recruitment, engagement, member onboarding, events, and member benefit administration.
• Work with members of the membership team to showcase members and support actions that showcase members resulting in increased retention.
• Establish goals for membership department (sales and sponsorship revenue, event success, retention, etc.) and lead staff to meet those goals.
ELECTRONIC AND PRINT OVERSIGHT:
• Act as editor/project manager for LiNK Magazine in partnership with Simply Local.
• Work with Business Development Manager and membership team to create/produce all sales/membership collateral materials including recruitment and new member onboarding, event marketing, and member orientation.
• Manage or review all program and event marketing materials.
• Serve as liaison to third-party agencies (web development, design, marketing, video production).
• Maintain and organize the Chamber’s photo library, directly responsible for photo and video shoots and production.
STRATEGIC DIRECTION AND ORGANIZATIONAL AWARENESS:
• Engage in committees, task groups and other bodies working on the Chamber’s strategic objectives to support initiatives as needed (air service, elections matter, public safety, workforce development, etc.).
• Connect with all staff positions as they pertain to communications to ensure messaging is comprehensive and relevant.
• Serve as liaison between Visit Billings, SEMT and the Chamber to coordinate communication on shared projects and goals such as air service marketing.
• Oversee personnel directly responsible for all electronic marketing including but not limited to e-communications, social media channels, and BillingsChamber.com.
• Assure other chamber websites and e-communications managed by other chamber departments adhere to brand/design standards (such as NextGEN, DEI, and Business Advocacy).
• Oversee and review all Chamber messaging prior to final approval/release.
• Produce consistent reports for the board on communication department performance.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of Chamber activities and area attractions.
• Oversee staff who will develop and design in-house print pieces when appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned.
ANNUAL ACCOUNTABILITY MEASURES:
• Directly responsible for overseeing success of new member sales, sponsorships, member retention, and events.
• Build and maintain positive and mutually beneficial relationships with media.
• Produce quality communications pieces that get published, opened, and read.
• Maintain a pre-determined number of unique visits to BillingsChamber.com.
• Oversee overall event success including attendance, marketing, and new revenue.
• Manage and lead communications and membership team (team retention).
Four-year college degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or related field; 2 years sales/marketing experience. Must have a proven successful communications, management, and team leadership background including managing sales, sales goals, and leading a team. The successful Director will be able to balance the skills that keep projects on target with the ability to guide others to goal completion, balancing both individual and team deadlines and accountability.
Position includes medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; flex program, paid time off, holidays, 401(k)
Qualified applicants should provide cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com