Provides administrative support to Business Advocacy Director by coordinating activities, conducting research, handling information requests, preparing correspondence, and scheduling meetings. Assists with Public Safety and Business Advocacy programs that support our business community by addressing workforce, safety, and development challenges.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research and analysis on relevant issues and topics, and produce information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Assist with planning, logistics, and execution of Business Advocacy events
- Coordinate logistics for programs, meetings and presentations including but not limited to meal service, room set-up and clean-up, and technical assistance.
- Attend Billings Chamber Advisory Board meetings and compile meeting notes
- Coordinate with Billings Chamber Communications Team to produce timely, relevant content for Chamber member communications
- Contribute to team effort by completing projects on time and accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assist the Business Advocacy Director with additional program-related tasks and activities as needed for organizational success.
A Safer Billings:
- Assist with Smart Design Safer Spaces program by evaluating properties and providing recommendations for safety improvements.
- Become familiar with principles of crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED).
- Attend CPTED training as needed.
- Assist in management of the Safer Billings Advisory Board
Local & State Advocacy:
- Collaborate with Business Advocacy Director and Communications Team to produce Business Advocacy publications such as: Press Releases, One-Sheeters, PowerPoints presentations, Infographics, Public Policy Guide, Voter Toolkits, and Legislative Scorecard.
- Work with the BA Director on candidate endorsements, and legislative agendas that advocate for business and the overall community
- Establish relationships with local and statewide elected officials
- Monitor City Council agendas and emails
- Attend public meetings and represent the Chamber as needed (City Council, County Commission, etc.
- As directed by the Chamber Board of Directors, provide support for community levies and initiatives that support the Chamber’s mission: such as public safety mill levy, school mill levy, etc.
- Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Organization, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance, Travel Logistics, Verbal Communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. A high degree of poise and tact to represent the Billings Chamber and Visit Billings with all members, board members, volunteers and general public.
- Ability to work independently allowing the organization and initiation of tasks to occur in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint applications. Operates automated and standard office equipment, such as personal computer, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, projector, and postage machine.
- Excellent listening and oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to accept new assignments and challenges.
- Willingness to opening share new ideas.
- Occasional travel before or after normal work hours via auto, air, train, or bus.
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and/or holidays during extended summer hours or as events deem necessary
- Ability to quickly learn industry related computer software and business etiquette skills.
- Strong commitment to preparedness.
- Must have fun.
Bachelor’s degree in related field. Two or more years of experience or coursework in a field related to customer service, research, logistics, communications and/or business preferred.
The Billings Chamber is committed to moving our community forward. As a staff, our Team Promise is to passionately deliver each of these values to our community and our members… Always: WOW Factor; Innovation; Knowledge; Integrity; Leadership; Laughter!
Non-Exempt, Full Time
Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; flex program, paid vacation and sick leave, holidays, 401(k)
Send cover letter, resume K& three professional References to:
PO Box 31177
Billings MT 59107